MI Paste Plus
Bio-available calcium and phosphate, with fluoride
Recaldent™ is derived from the milk protein, casein. For many years it has been known that milk and its derivatives have a tooth protective effect. Research has shown that this activity is due to a part of the casein protein called Casein Phosphopeptide (or CPP), which carries calcium and phosphate ions in the form of Amorphous Calcium Phosphate (or ACP).
Tooth Mousse, the first product for professional use to contain this complex of CPP-ACP (Recaldent™), is the ideal delivery system for bio-available calcium and phosphate ions. MI Paste Plus in addition contains a unique, patented form of fluoride. MI Paste Plus releases all three of the ions needed to form acid-resistant fluorapatite by BOTH remineralisation and fluoridation.
CPP-ACP was developed at the School of Dental Science at the University of Melbourne Victoria/ Australia. Recaldent™ is a trade mark used under license. Recaldent™ (CPP-ACP) is derived from milk casein. Do not use on patients with a milk protein and/ or hydroxybenzoates allergy.
All the benefits of Tooth Mousse, plus an improved remineralistion and fluoridation boost for patients who:
- need extra protection due to medium or high susceptibility to caries
- are medically compromised
- have an acidic oral environment
- suffer from erosion and gastric reflux
- need support due to very poor plaque control
When MI Paste Plus is applied to tooth surfaces, the CPP-ACP molecule binds to biofilm, plaque, bacteria, hydroxyapatite and surrounding soft tissue.
- Delivers Recaldent™ Casein Phosphopeptide - Amorphous Calcium Phosphate
- Inhibits enamel demineralisation and induces remineralisation
- Reduces hypersensitivity by obturating open dentinal tubules
- Prevents initial caries forming thanks to the anti-cariogenic properties
- Reverses white spot lesions
- The delicious flavours stimulate saliva flow for an enhanced effectiveness of CPP-ACP
The 900ppm of a unique, patented form of fluoride
- buffers the pH changes in plaque
- impairs the adhesion and growth of S. Mutans and Sobrinus
- remineralises early enamel lesions and makes enamel more resistant
- optimises the transport and intake of fluoride by enamel